Guys, the holidays are gone and you’ve already gotten used to writing a “6” at the end of the year. What’s the point of winter anymore? What’s the point of ANYthing anymore?
WE’LL TELL YOU.
- The third show in our 2015/2016 season is coming up on February 20th and we are jamped (poster above left)! Edmonton’s genre bending, body bending Folk Lordz will blast us with their unprecedented brand of long-form improv, featuring a triad of storytelling techniques. Check out their new Facebook page and the event page for the show. This one’s gonna be huge!
- Already think you’re going to love the Folk Lordz and want to be just like them? Well, you’re not wrong, and you’re in luck. They’re offering a workshop, Physicality in Improv, on February 20th at noon. Don’t miss this opportunity to work with some of Canada’s most talented physical improv performers. Details here, handsome above middle.
- RobYn’s new improv endeavor, Common Crow Improv Co., is back in 2016 with their wildly popular drop-in class. Visit them Sundays from 2-4PM at 100 Arthur Street (Room 504) and get your workshop fix for just $5! CCIC has also been producing an impressive lineup of shows around the city, created for and by Winnipeg’s growing and bubbling improv community. Keep checking their website and Facebook page for upcoming workshopportunities and shows!
- If you made it out to Funny Done Formally, the improv gala in support of the Gas Station Arts Centre, you know that everyone looked daaaaaammmn fine (exhibit A above right). Our photographer for the evening, Ronnie Abelada, took some seriously sick photos of people and performance that you should check out here
- Speaking of the Gas Station Arts Centre, do you know about the jaw-dropping renovations they have planned? In a few years, the GSAC will be transformed into a multi-dimensional complex with a new theatre, affordable and market rental co-op housing, commercial properties and underground parking. For more info on this important development, visit the GSAC website.